- Wounds International announce Middle East conference VIEW PDF
We are very proud to announce that Wounds International will be partnering with MENA Conferences and Gulnaz Tariq, Wound Care Manager from the SEHA Group of Hospitals in Abu Dhabi to deliver our first conference in the Middle East. This will be held on the...
- Update from EPUAP
The 16th Annual Meeting of the EPUAP will be held in Vienna, Austria August 28-30th 2013 in collaboration with APUPA the Austrian Society for the Prevention of Pressure Ulcers.
- New foreign language Made Easy editions available online
Wounds International continues to expand the number of translations and languages available online for our international readers to download and use in practice.
- Earlobe probes may increase risk of pressure ulcers
Patients experiencing low-perfusion states may be at risk of developing pressure ulcers on their earlobes if pulse oximeter probes are used to monitor their haemoglobin saturation.
- Update of TIME framework assesses wound care practice from the past ten years
The International Wound Infection Institute (IWII) has prepared a review updating the TIME framework using new data and evidence from the past ten years.
- New older people’s care hub for student nurse training
A new hub based at an aged-care facility in Adelaide, Australia, gives student nurses hands-on experience in treating older people.
- Biggest wound care event in the UK kicks off
Wounds International, alongside Wounds UK, are exhibiting at the biggest wound care event in the UK this week.
- Virtual reality games reduce pain during burn care treatments
Several recent studies have shown that allowing patients to play virtual reality games (VR) during burn treatments reduces pain significantly.
- System developed for predicting pathological burn scarring
A system, using the Bayesian network (BN) model, has been developed for predicting the pathological scarring from burn injuries.