Service development and delivery
- Clinicians want increased wound care education worldwide
An online survey, taken by clinicians from 24 different countries, shows that there is a need for extended research and education in wound care management internationally.
- Review outlines key conclusions supporting wound care decisions
In a review of clinical trials in the Cochrane Database, researchers outline the evidence that exists for clinical decision-making in wound care.
- Survey finds Wounds International a beneficial resource for everyday practice
Over 96% of responses from our reader survey found that the content of the Wounds International site helps them in their everyday practice and we look forward to continuing to deliver the high-quality content that our readers have become accustomed to.
- Hydrosurgery system now available on UK Drug Tariff
May Issue 3 Volume 2
The VERSAJET™ Exact hand piece by Smith & Nephew has recently been listed as having reimbursement status in the UK.
- Sacral dressings prevent pressure ulcer occurrence in A&E
12/06/2012: A study examining the effectiveness of using sacral dressings in older patients admitted to accident and emergency departments (A&E), has shown that they prevent pressure injuries.
- Wound care checklist helps roll out electronic health records in the US
A recent article has highlighted how hospitals in the US can smoothly roll out the newly approved electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Online billing app released for wound care clinicians
A new online application for tablets and laptops allows wound care clinicians to record patient assessments, sends bills and manage accounts.
- Wounds International announces its second global conference
Following the huge success of our inaugural conference in Cape Town, South Africa, we are delighted to announce that the 2nd Wounds International Conference will be held in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting destinations, Kuala Lumpur, the capital city...