The pressure ulcer category has been sponsored by Talley Group
- Foam dressing prevents sacral pressure ulcer development
A recent study has shown that using silicone border foam dressing can prevent sacral pressure ulcer cases in intensive care units.
- Wounds International announces its second global conference
Following the huge success of our inaugural conference in Cape Town, South Africa, we are delighted to announce that the 2nd Wounds International Conference will be held in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting destinations, Kuala Lumpur, the capital city...
- First annual meeting on pressure ulcer technologies to be held in Israel
The European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) is holding the first annual meeting on ‘technological innovations in pressure ulcer diagnosis, prevention and treatment’ in Tel Aviv, Israel on the 16–17 April 2012.
- Monitoring wound fluid can indicate wound severity
A recent study has found that measuring the amount of uric acid present in wound fluid can help to distinguish the wound’s severity.
- Pressure ulcer risk heightened when foam pads used during prolonged surgery
A recent study has found that patients who are placed on a foam pad are at a higher risk of developing pressure ulcers during longer operations.
- Digital toolkit helps prevent pressure ulcers
A new downloadable toolkit has been developed that will help nurses prevent and manage pressure ulcers.
- Hong Kong’s first pressure ulcer prevention programme to reduce pressure ulcer prevalence
Hong Kong has launched its first ever pressure ulcer prevention programme to train non-licenced carers in nursing homes and ultimately reduce pressure ulcer prevalence.
- New lower price for the NPUAP/EPUAP pressure ulcer guidelines
The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) has marked down the price for their pressure ulcer guidelines by 25%.
- Revision needed in Swedish pressure ulcer prevention protocol
A recent study in the International Wound Journal has revealed that Swedish hospitals have a higher prevalence of pressure ulcers than the average prevalence in large US studies, calling for a revision in Swedish pressure ulcer prevention protocol.
- Foam mattresses best for pressure ulcer prevention
A recent study has shown that pressure redistribution mattresses are more effective at preventing pressure ulcers in long-term care facilities compared to emollients, foam cleansers and nutritional supplements.