The pressure ulcer category has been sponsored by Molnlycke Health Care
- Pressure ulcer update VIEW PDF
September 2012 Issue 3 Volume 3
Wounds International clinical updates present recent developments in the field of leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, skin integrity and diabetic foot, including the latest from associations, clinicians and industry. If you use an innovative technique in your practice...
- Register now for the annual EPUAP meeting in Wales
May Issue 3 Volume 2
Clinicians can now register for the 15th annual European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel meeting in Cardiff, Wales this September.
- Sacral dressings prevent pressure ulcer occurrence in A&E
12/06/2012: A study examining the effectiveness of using sacral dressings in older patients admitted to accident and emergency departments (A&E), has shown that they prevent pressure injuries.
- New anaesthetic protocol suggested for debriding sacral pressure ulcers
A new protocol published in the International Wound Journal has suggested a method for using regional anaesthetic instead of general anaesthetic during surgical debridement.
- Extended abstract deadline for September’s EPUAP meeting
The 15th annual European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) meeting, being held in Cardiff this September, has extended its deadline for abstracts until 30 May, 2012.
- Pressure ulcers and hydrocolloids Made Easy - Translated editions available
Several foreign language editions of the Pressure Ulcers and hydrocolloids Made Easy are now available for download, including: Simple Chinese, Korean, Hebrew, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Latin American.
- Traditional Chinese medicine needs in-depth trials
A group of researchers have found that traditional Chinese medicine may have potential for treating pressure ulcers, but there is need for more in-depth research.
- The Virtual Conference celebrates one successful year
13 April 2012: Today is the one year anniversary of the launch of the Virtual Conference, showcasing recorded sessions and resources from Wounds International’s first conference held in Cape Town, South Africa last year.
- Pressure-relieving mattress prevents bed falls in UK
A new mattress, that prevents pressure ulcers and bed falls, has been approved for use by the Intellectual Property Office in the UK.