The pressure ulcer category has been sponsored by Talley Group
- Extended abstract deadline for September’s EPUAP meeting
The 15th annual European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) meeting, being held in Cardiff this September, has extended its deadline for abstracts until 30 May, 2012.
- Pressure ulcers and hydrocolloids Made Easy - Translated editions available
Several foreign language editions of the Pressure Ulcers and hydrocolloids Made Easy are now available for download, including: Simple Chinese, Korean, Hebrew, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Latin American.
- Traditional Chinese medicine needs in-depth trials
A group of researchers have found that traditional Chinese medicine may have potential for treating pressure ulcers, but there is need for more in-depth research.
- The Virtual Conference celebrates one successful year
13 April 2012: Today is the one year anniversary of the launch of the Virtual Conference, showcasing recorded sessions and resources from Wounds International’s first conference held in Cape Town, South Africa last year.
- Pressure-relieving mattress prevents bed falls in UK
A new mattress, that prevents pressure ulcers and bed falls, has been approved for use by the Intellectual Property Office in the UK.
- Electric underwear to prevent pressure ulcers
A Canadian company has begun testing their new wound care technology, which sends electric currents through custom made undergarments, stimulating nerves and blood flow to prevent pressure ulcer development.
- Foam dressing prevents sacral pressure ulcer development
A recent study has shown that using silicone border foam dressing can prevent sacral pressure ulcer cases in intensive care units.
- Wounds International announces its second global conference
Following the huge success of our inaugural conference in Cape Town, South Africa, we are delighted to announce that the 2nd Wounds International Conference will be held in one of Asia’s most vibrant and exciting destinations, Kuala Lumpur, the capital city...
- First annual meeting on pressure ulcer technologies to be held in Israel
The European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) is holding the first annual meeting on ‘technological innovations in pressure ulcer diagnosis, prevention and treatment’ in Tel Aviv, Israel on the 16–17 April 2012.
- Monitoring wound fluid can indicate wound severity
A recent study has found that measuring the amount of uric acid present in wound fluid can help to distinguish the wound’s severity.