The pressure ulcer category has been sponsored by Molnlycke Health Care
- Earlobe probes may increase risk of pressure ulcers
Patients experiencing low-perfusion states may be at risk of developing pressure ulcers on their earlobes if pulse oximeter probes are used to monitor their haemoglobin saturation.
- Stop Pressure Ulcer Day encourages clinicians to share treatment and prevention tips
Today, 16 November 2012, clinicians around the world are coming together to share their information and tips on preventing and treating pressure ulcers with the public, other clinicians and policy makers.
- Procedures needed in A&E to prevent pressure ulcers in older patients
In a recent study of a French accident and emergency department (A&E) it was found that elderly patients often have to wait long periods of time before getting treatment and, therefore, are at high-risk of developing pressure ulcers in a matter of hours.
- Pressure ulcer update VIEW PDF
September 2012 Issue 3 Volume 3
Wounds International clinical updates present recent developments in the field of leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, skin integrity and diabetic foot, including the latest from associations, clinicians and industry. If you use an innovative technique in your practice...
- Register now for the annual EPUAP meeting in Wales
May Issue 3 Volume 2
Clinicians can now register for the 15th annual European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel meeting in Cardiff, Wales this September.
- Sacral dressings prevent pressure ulcer occurrence in A&E
12/06/2012: A study examining the effectiveness of using sacral dressings in older patients admitted to accident and emergency departments (A&E), has shown that they prevent pressure injuries.
- New anaesthetic protocol suggested for debriding sacral pressure ulcers
A new protocol published in the International Wound Journal has suggested a method for using regional anaesthetic instead of general anaesthetic during surgical debridement.
- Extended abstract deadline for September’s EPUAP meeting
The 15th annual European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) meeting, being held in Cardiff this September, has extended its deadline for abstracts until 30 May, 2012.
- Pressure ulcers and hydrocolloids Made Easy - Translated editions available
Several foreign language editions of the Pressure Ulcers and hydrocolloids Made Easy are now available for download, including: Simple Chinese, Korean, Hebrew, Spanish, German, Italian, French, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Latin American.