Case Studies Resources
- Patient story: the challenges of living with a non-healing leg ulcer VIEW PDF
December 2014 Volume 5 Issue 4
In this article, the author describes her 15-year experience of living with leg ulcers. She explains the challenges these ulcers have brought in her daily life and the particular problems with pain management she has encountered. The author describes how different...
- Use of a bioplastic material containing hyaluronic acid on a chronic leg ulcer VIEW PDF
September 2014 Volume 5 Issue 3
Chronic leg ulcers of various aetiologies are commonly seen in a regional dermatology unit in Russia and patients are treated with a range of surgical and therapeutic techniques. An important trend in the modern treatment of patients with complex chronic ulcers...
- Successful management of a venous leg ulcer using Durafiber dressings VIEW PDF
December 2012 3(4)
This case was included as part of a 10-patient clinical evaluation series to evaluate the acceptability of Durafiber(Smith & Nephew, a new highly absorbent dressing for medium-to-heavily exuding wounds. Clinicians from three centres in the UK were involved...
- A new treatment for the management of a chronic venous leg ulcer
Wounds International, Vol 1; Issue 3
This case study highlights the challenges of managing a patient with a hard-to-heal wound and lymphoedema. It explores the use of an advanced wound care treatment together with a holistic approach to care, which has led to a significant improvement in the...
- Lower limb cellulitis: a dermatological perspective VIEW PDF
Skin disease such as venous eczema and tinea pedis are often overlooked as primary causes of lower limb cellulitis. This article will look at the management of these two common skin conditions as well as the diagnosis and management of lower limb cellulitis....
- The efficacy of Laplace's equation in calculating bandage pressure in venous leg ulcers VIEW PDF
Compression is generally considered to be the standard therapy for the treatment of venous leg ulcers. It controls oedema and supports venous blood flow to the heart. This article presents results from three studies comparing a new two-layer compression system...
- Leg ulcer management in patients with chronic oedema VIEW PDF
Chronic oedema is a long-term condition that causes disruption to patients' lives and can be costly to treat if managed inappropriately. Leg ulcers in patients with chronic oedema occur more frequently than acknowledged by many healthcare professionals. Patients...
- Leg ulcer management: how addressing a patient's pain can improve concordance VIEW PDF
This case report focuses on a patient who had experience repeated episodes of leg ulceration over a period of five years. It explores the way her experience of pain affected concordance with treatment.
- Bilateral leg ulcer of unknown origin treated with honey and bandaging VIEW PDF
Case report of an 82 year old female who presented with bilateral leg ulcers of unknown origin.