Wounds International, Vol 1; Issue 2 › Practice › New advances in pressure ulcer prevention and management: an Australian perspective
New advances in pressure ulcer prevention and management: an Australian perspective
09/02/10 | Pressure ulcers, Service development and delivery, Skin integrity | Keryln Carville
- Baly M. As Miss Nightingale Said... (2nd edition). London: Bailliere Tindall & Cox, 1997.
- Norton D, McLaren R, Exton-Smith A. An investigation of geriatric nursing problems in hospital. London: National Corporation for the Care of Old People, 1962.
- Childs L, Rimmington PM. Decubitus ulcers: a survey picture at two hospitals. Aust Nurs J 1983; 13(1): 35-52.
- Prentice J, Stacey M, Lewin G. An Australian model for conducting pressure ulcer prevalence surveys. Prim Intent 2003; 11(2): 87-109.
- Australian Wound Management Association. Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Prediction and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers. West Leederville, WA: Cambridge Publishing, 2001.
- Prentice JL, Stacey MC. Evaluating Australian clinical practice guidelines for pressure ulcer prevention. EWMA J 2002; 2(2): 11-15.
- Lewin G, Carville K, Newall N, et al. Determining the effectiveness of implementing the AWMA guidelines for the prediction and prevention of pressure ulcers in Silver Chain, a large home care agency stage 1: baseline measurement. Prim Intent 2003; 11(2): 57-72.
- Santamaria N, Carville K, Prentice J et al. Reducing pressure ulcer prevalence in residential aged care: Results from Phase II of The PRIME Trial. Wound Pract Res 2009; 17(1): 12-22.
- Victorian Quality Council. PUPPS 3 - Pressure Ulcer Point Prevalence Survey: statewide report 2006. State of Victoria, Department of Human Service, Melbourne 2006.
- Government of Western Australia Department of Health. WoundsWest wound survey: overview report. 2007 Available at: http://www.health.wa.gov.au/WoundsWest/docs/WWWPS_07_State-wide_Report_Overview.pdf (accessed 24 November 2009).
- Government of Western Australia Department of Health. WoundsWest wound survey 2008: key results at a glance. 2008. Available at: http://www.health.wa.gov.au/WoundsWest/docs/Wound_survey_2008.pdf (accessed 24 November 2009).
- Government of Western Australia Department of Health. WoundsWest wound survey 2009: key results at a glance. For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shea JD. Pressure sore classification and management. Current Ortho Practice 1975; 112, 89-100.
- International Association of Enterostomal Therapy. Dermal wounds: pressure sores. Philosophy of the IAET. J ET Nurs 1988;15:4-17.
- Bergstrom N, Allman R, Alvarez O, et al. Treatment of pressure ulcers. Clinical practice guidelines No 15. Rockville, MD: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Public Health Service, US Department of Health and Human Services; 1994. AHCPR No. 95-0652.
- Graves N, Birrell F, Whitby M. Effect of pressure ulcers on length of hospital stay. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2005; 26(3): 293-97.