- Diabetic Foot Study Group 2013: 20-22 September 2013 - early registration deadline
The 11th meeting of the Diabetic Foot Study Group (DFSG) of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) will take place in Sitges, Spain 20-22 September 2013.
- Update from EPUAP
The 16th Annual Meeting of the EPUAP will be held in Vienna, Austria August 28-30th 2013 in collaboration with APUPA the Austrian Society for the Prevention of Pressure Ulcers.
- International e-survey form core competencies in wound care education
A recent study has used an e-survey to determine international core competencies that can help achieve a uniform education and performance structure for wound care professionals with the aim to standardise the definition and position of specialised nurses...
- HBO therapy not found to improve diabetic foot outcomes
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) has been shown to lack efficacy for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers and does not help prevent amputation.
- Wound care 'Courses' section updated on Wounds International
Wounds International has recently updated its 'Courses' section on the website to reflect up-to-date information on several wound care-related education courses for healthcare professionals.
- Award-winning flowable wound matrix launched in Europe
Integra® Lifescience has received European Union (EU) CE Mark certification for its Integra® Flowable Wound Matrix.