- Dr George W Cherry will be sadly missed.
It is with much sorrow that we write of the death of Dr George Cherry. His colleague Terence Ryan, Emeritus Professor of Dermatology, Oxford University and Oxford Brookes University, eloquently describes his contribution to wound healing in Oxford as ‘exceptional’....
- Meeting report: stepping up to customised wound care VIEW PDF
September 2014 Volume 5 Issue 3
A one-hour symposium was held by Urgo Medical on Thursday 15th May 2014 at the annual European Wound Management Association (EWMA) Conference in Madrid, entitled ‘Stepping up to customised wound care’. The objective of the session was to highlight the...
- Patients undergoing surgery at high risk of pressure ulceration VIEW PDF
Pressure ulcer formation while in the OR increases the length of hospital stay and hospital costs . When a surgical patient develops a pressure ulcer within 72 hours after his or her procedure, it most likely indicates that the ulcer occurred during surgery...
- Welsh Wound Innovation Centre announces partnership with pressure care manufacturer
The Welsh Wound Innovation Centre, a new centre of excellence in wound prevention and treatment, has announced details of its first commercial partnership. Caerphilly-based Direct Healthcare Services, which manufactures pressure care products including...
- Pressure ulcer, ostomy and incontinence management conference (POSCON), Dubai 2014 VIEW PDF
This regional conference will highlight issues around pressure ulcers and the management of incontinence to maintain skin integrity. It will be held on 19-20th September at The Address, Dubai Marina Hotel, Dubai.
- 11th Asia Pacific Conference on Diabetic Limbs, November 2014
This is an important regional conference highlighting one of the most critical health issues facing the world in general, but in particular the Asia-Pacific region. It will bring together leading diabetes specialists from Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
- MSWCP announce the Transborneo Wound Conference August 15-17 in Kuching, Malaysia
Following on from last year’s successful International Wound Care Conference organised in conjunction with Wounds International the Malaysian Society of Wound Care Professionals is proud to announce their next Congress.
- Graham Ewart appointed chair of Woundcare4Heroes
Graham Ewart, Managing Director of Direct Healthcare Services, which manufactures pressure care products including specialist mattresses and cushions, will now join the board of trustees at Welsh charity Woundcare4Heroes.
- 3 key points from the International NPWT Expert Meeting
At the 5th International Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Expert Meeting, supported by Smith & Nephew, 226 international experts from 30 countries, gathered to share new evidence on the mode of action for NPWT and how it can be used to prevent surgical...
- Announcement of the Lindsay Leg Club Conference 2014 VIEW PDF
The theme this year will be on the ABC of Wound Care: Assessment, Best Practice, Compassion and will be held on 24-25 September at the Sixways Stadium in Worcester.