- Patients undergoing surgery at high risk of pressure ulceration VIEW PDF
Pressure ulcer formation while in the OR increases the length of hospital stay and hospital costs . When a surgical patient develops a pressure ulcer within 72 hours after his or her procedure, it most likely indicates that the ulcer occurred during surgery...
- Welsh Wound Innovation Centre announces partnership with pressure care manufacturer
The Welsh Wound Innovation Centre, a new centre of excellence in wound prevention and treatment, has announced details of its first commercial partnership. Caerphilly-based Direct Healthcare Services, which manufactures pressure care products including...
- Pressure ulcer, ostomy and incontinence management conference (POSCON), Dubai 2014 VIEW PDF
This regional conference will highlight issues around pressure ulcers and the management of incontinence to maintain skin integrity. It will be held on 19-20th September at The Address, Dubai Marina Hotel, Dubai.
- 11th Asia Pacific Conference on Diabetic Limbs, November 2014
This is an important regional conference highlighting one of the most critical health issues facing the world in general, but in particular the Asia-Pacific region. It will bring together leading diabetes specialists from Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
- MSWCP announce the Transborneo Wound Conference August 15-17 in Kuching, Malaysia
Following on from last year’s successful International Wound Care Conference organised in conjunction with Wounds International the Malaysian Society of Wound Care Professionals is proud to announce their next Congress.
- Graham Ewart appointed chair of Woundcare4Heroes
Graham Ewart, Managing Director of Direct Healthcare Services, which manufactures pressure care products including specialist mattresses and cushions, will now join the board of trustees at Welsh charity Woundcare4Heroes.
- 3 key points from the International NPWT Expert Meeting
At the 5th International Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Expert Meeting, supported by Smith & Nephew, 226 international experts from 30 countries, gathered to share new evidence on the mode of action for NPWT and how it can be used to prevent surgical...
- Announcement of the Lindsay Leg Club Conference 2014 VIEW PDF
The theme this year will be on the ABC of Wound Care: Assessment, Best Practice, Compassion and will be held on 24-25 September at the Sixways Stadium in Worcester.
- Wounds International announce Middle East conference VIEW PDF
We are very proud to announce that Wounds International will be partnering with MENA Conferences and Gulnaz Tariq, Wound Care Manager from the SEHA Group of Hospitals in Abu Dhabi to deliver our first conference in the Middle East. This will be held on the...
- Antimicrobial-binding mesh increases healing with NPWT
Special mesh traps and inactivates bacteria and fungi, could be used as alternative filler to gauze