- Graham Ewart appointed chair of Woundcare4Heroes
Graham Ewart, Managing Director of Direct Healthcare Services, which manufactures pressure care products including specialist mattresses and cushions, will now join the board of trustees at Welsh charity Woundcare4Heroes.
- 3 key points from the International NPWT Expert Meeting
At the 5th International Negative Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Expert Meeting, supported by Smith & Nephew, 226 international experts from 30 countries, gathered to share new evidence on the mode of action for NPWT and how it can be used to prevent surgical...
- Announcement of the Lindsay Leg Club Conference 2014 VIEW PDF
The theme this year will be on the ABC of Wound Care: Assessment, Best Practice, Compassion and will be held on 24-25 September at the Sixways Stadium in Worcester.
- Wounds International announce Middle East conference VIEW PDF
We are very proud to announce that Wounds International will be partnering with MENA Conferences and Gulnaz Tariq, Wound Care Manager from the SEHA Group of Hospitals in Abu Dhabi to deliver our first conference in the Middle East. This will be held on the...
- Antimicrobial-binding mesh increases healing with NPWT
Special mesh traps and inactivates bacteria and fungi, could be used as alternative filler to gauze
- MRSA progresses from colonisation to infection in 3 weeks
Study shows median time to infection is 22 days, with risk highest in the peri-hospitalisation period.
- NPWT may reduce complications in surgical wounds
A new evidence review finds positive results when negative-pressure wound therapy is used on surgical incisions.
- Register now for free webcast on Taking control of wound infection: a cost-effective approach to silver dressings VIEW PDF
The webcast will be broadcast on 25th February 2014 and feature Professor Keith Harding and Dr Caroline Dowsett. Book your place today.
- Case series: Skin grafts with NPWT
Researchers saw success using human acellular dermal wound matrix